Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Cat

Photo © 2007 Ana Yturralde

This poor little kitty was miaowing alone, sick and sure hungry. Could not open the eyes, could not move. Just cried and cried.... So a grown-up decided to take him far from there. Noa followed the move quite concerned. When they came back without the little cat, Noa was crying. Took my hand and told me that they left him inside an old truck's wheel with no way out. So...... "Ana, what will happen if tonight a big dog comes and eats him???".... That was all her concern. That the kitty was defenceless and a big dog could come....

Just like the Little Prince with the sheep and his rose....


Photo © 2007 Ana Yturralde

6 comments:

Aga Luczakowska said...

I just found out you also have a blog.. and i am happy i did!
This firsth photo is really really good one! Cat is soooo small.. :-) I like composition a lot!

aNaY said...

And I'm also happy you did it, Aga! because I really love to have you here!! and I'm also veeeery happy that you like that first picture a lot. (shhhh I like it too....) Thank youuuuuuu! :-)

Matt Hunt said...

Poor cat....

Surely you had a spare pouch in the camera bag for him/her to live in?

aNaY said...

Yes, poor cat....

When I was a little girl I took with me every kitty I found on the street. I still remember my mother's face every time I did it.... But believe me.... this time I had no spare pouch in my camera bag at all!! You can't imagine how heavy and packed was the bag I was carrying!!

Anonymous said...

Preciosas imágenes como todas las del blog, Ana.
Me imagino lo que sentiste viendo la cara de preocupación de la niña pero aun así conseguiste captar el momento sin perder las señas de identidad de tus fotos, composición elegante y sobria y una fuerza brutal. Has llegado a un punto en que creo que nada técnico sirve para explicar tus imágenes, basta sumergirse en ellas y disfrutar. Gracias, muchísimas gracias por estos momentos y hazme un favor, dile a la niña que aunque en ocasiones todo parece volverse oscuro los rayos de luz al final siempre vuelven a aparecer, que esté tranquila ;-).

aNaY said...

Gracias... lo que más me halaga es que me digas que he conseguido captar un momento sin perder mis señas de identidad. Eso es algo que me maravilla en la fotografía de por ejemplo el gran James Nachtwey y que últimamente me preocupa (lo de perder mis señas de identidad...)

"Composición elegante y sobria y una fuerza brutal"... ¿de verdad ves eso? wow..... gracias..... muack!