Monday, February 4, 2008

drums echoing

Photo © 2007 Ana Yturralde

I hear the drums echoing tonight...

Strange day. Strange feelings. End of some works. Beginning of some others. And just one step away from the confirmation of a project.

And with all of that, just by mistake, an old mail dated a little over one year ago appeared with the lyrics of a song called "Africa".... and with all it meant.

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

2 comments:

Liam Lynch said...

Love it... we have similar eyes when it comes to seashores, it seems, and no doubt similarly ruined footwear (or maybe you have a little more common sense than I do and worked barefoot.)

By the way, regarding the whole visa issue, I might be travelling with a skateboarding friend to Barcelona and Madrid later in the year... I ave no idea of the magnitude of Spain, but I must track you down when I am there... will keep in touch.

L.

aNaY said...

Hey Liam! Thank youuuu! and same as you, haha. I don't have common sense either, so my boots and jeans always get wet when I'm taking pictures close to the sea, which is often... You can see another example of how to ruin footwear in my latest post "behind the scenes". Good that my boots are really strong! ; )

And wow, such good news to know that you'll be in Spain at the end of the year. Will be a lot of fun to meet you there!! So yes, keep in touch as Madrid or Barcelona are not far away from where I live. And don't hesitate to ask me for any help you may need with the visa.

Later! : )