Monday, March 31, 2008

Gunman

Photo © 2008 Ana Yturralde

Unforgettable Xuman. Some people spread positive energy and sure Xuman is one of those. His spirit and charm fills the atmosphere when he is around. He is a great Hip Hop musician in Senegal that has his own Tv show called Natty Dread TV, where he presents videoclips, documentary films and concerts related to the reggae culture.

When I met Xuman at Studio Sankara and told him about the photo-report I was doing, he accepted inmediately and cooperated with enthusiasm. I really enjoyed the shooting as he has a captivating personality: incredibly tall (2 meters) with a strong look and a friendly voice.

I liked the little pin of Africa that hangs from one of his long dreadlocks (rastas). He told me where to get one of those so I will buy one and will put it in my camera bag, next to my lion ;-)


Photo © 2008 Ana Yturralde

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!, esos ojos entre el pin de África son potentes!!!.
Buena foto! (se me había pasado).

aNaY said...

Ya lo creo que son potentes! Disfruté haciéndole fotos a Xuman. Es un tipo impresionante en todos los sentidos... Y me encanta ese pin colgado de una de sus rastas!
Gracias!